September 3, 2013 by funservicesnc
In a home with two young boys I’m always looking for healthy snack ideas. My kindergartner needs to bring a healthy snack to school each day and I like to have some ideas for myself as well! With busy schedules, I’m sure many families like to keep healthy snacks close by.
Here are a some ideas I’ve come up with for our family:
- Cheese Sticks
- Air-popped popcorn or brown bagged microwave popcorn
- Mini-muffins (keep some in the freezer and they thaw in no time for school or snacks on-the-go)
- Ants on a log
- Trail mix or keep it simple with just dry cereal!
- Freshly baked cookies (our preportioned cookie dough is perfect for pulling out just a few cookies for a quick snack and not eating too many)
- Fresh Fruit
- Cinnamon apples (sliced apples with a little cinnamon sprinkled on them and shaken up)
- Pretzels or a special chocolate-covered pretzel rod
- Cut up carrots and celery with cream cheese or honey mustard to dip in on the side
These are just a few ideas. You can check out our Pinterest site for more ideas and a few recipes. If you have favorite healthy snack, please share. There can never be too many ideas!